Friday 20 February 2009

It's all got a bit too much

I'm happy to tell people on here, openly that i suffer from unipolar depression. I was diagnosed around 2 months ago and am currently on citalopram. I've been feeling 'ok' up till now and had good and bad days- but atleast every day isn't a bad day now.

I've had a bad week, It's all just hit me, the workload, making new friends etc. I've been feeling very self concious about the friends i made, i'm a single girl living by myself...yet all my friends seem to be partnered up, living with them and i'm feeling left out when they talk about their partners, also when i talk about guys i've dated or seen- i start to feel a slut (as last week i had 2 dates with 2 different guys) compared to them.

Now for the workload..blimey...biological sciences is getting TOUGH. I spent the whole of yesterdays lesson on the urinary system, needless to say atleast 2 slides in i lost the attention, i didn't get it..it was too hard so i wondered off into annas world. I've decidedn to spend this next weekend catching up, getting organised and getting it together. On top of this, my whole house is a mess..screaming for housework to be done!

I got my placement yesterday, starting the 23rd march- on an acute cardiology ward! I'm rather excited, it seems like a very buzzing ward which has apparently just been refurbished. I rang up on wednesday asking to organise a visit to the ward to meet staff, mentors etc before and spoke to some really nice people on the phone..i've heard so many horror stories about mean and bullying mentors who eventually fail the student due to the bad relationship and this is a big fear!

....i get my uniform today, may update a pic with it.....why am i doing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment